Church History

 

Holy Trinity Lutheran Church History

Holy Trinity Lutheran Church was organized in 1868. Holy Trinity was the first church within what was then Ephrata Village (Borough). Worship was first held in the former Mountain Springs Hotel, located across Main Street from the present building on the property where the current Hampton Inn is located.

A church building was erected at the present site of Holy Trinity in 1869. In 1951 the congregation voted to replace the church building and build a new one at the same site. The new building (our present building) was completed in September, 1952.

Through the years, the building underwent renovations and expansions. During the same time, the membership continued to grow.

In 2006 an arson fire destroyed the office building (former parsonage) located next to the church building. After careful planning, the destroyed building was razed. In its place an addition to the building was constructed. The addition contains a new entrance, offices, an all-purpose room/gymnasium, a new kitchen, gathering area, and meeting space.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2017 Holy Trinity Lutheran of Ephrata
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community